Wednesday, December 02, 2009

10 Items or less.

While looking through the movies available on demand recently, I settled on watching an independant film with Morgan Freeman. Partially because I find Morgan Freeman a fascinating actor and the premise sounded appealing. I was greeted with a pleasant film that was highly dependant on its dialogue. Ultimately at one point in the film the two protaganists encourage the other to make an list.

10 Items or Less: 10 things in life that you would do without.
10 Items or Less: 10 things in life that you would keep.

The lists were whimsical and pertinent to the characters. Although it isn't an exact science, and would probably be heavily edited I think this is at least a fun excercise. So here are my 10 items.

10 Items I could live without:

1. People in a rush
2. Circling the runway in an airplane
3. Gossip
4. Texas heat
5. Predictable endings
6. Poor grammar
7. Partisan blindness
8. Tardiness
9. (open)
10. (open)

10 Items I would keep:

1. Great stories
2. Laughter and Romance
3. My mother and father
4. Free Will
5. A gentle spring/fall breeze
6. A warm bath
7. Good food
8. Great music
9. Comfortable place to sleep
10. Purposeful work

No comments: