Sunday, March 18, 2007

Reorganizing a life...

Did you ever wake up one day and wonder how things got to where they are today? I recall as a child wanting something much different than what I am today. It does not deter me from my current goals, but it is hard to tell at what times my life diverged from its intended course at that time. Unfortunately all those divergences have not been positive steps for me. Occasionally I come to these realizations and attempt to reorganize things to be more balanced and directed.

How does one begin to reorganize that which at times appears hopelessly mired in mediocrity? Where does a person begin when the pieces seem so scattered, or maybe the pieces are the wrong ones to begin with? Often times when approaching a large task, I tell people to just start somewhere, because once you get going you will eventually end up with something manageable, but it are those first steps that often seem the largest leaps.

My hope is that over the next few months I may begin to migrate more toward goals I feel are more in tune with the direction my life should be heading. Whether that be physically, intellectually or emotionally, but gaining a positive foothold would be nice. My wish is that there are those around me that are praying and thinking of me, for a life surrounded in silence can sometimes be lonely.

No comments: